Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Introduction to Tia and Bob Frog

Goooood Mornin'!
It's a beautiful sunny day and I feel energized about Tia and Bob Frog this morning. Let me tell you how Tia and Bob Frog (the main See abc's charactors came about). Tia is my daughter and when she was three her grandmother gave her a stuffed frog which she named Bob. Bob and Tia were best friends, everywhere Tia went she had Bob Frog. I have taught pre-school to all of my children so it seemed appropriate that I incorporate Bob Frog into a teaching tool to help Tia learn her colors, shapes, numbers etc... Thus the Tia and Bob Frog series of books was born.

Gumfounded was my first book to get published. This book tells about Tia having a mishap with a gob of gum someone had spit out on the ground. The gum sticks to her shoe and as she runs to school the gum collects litter. Soon Tia is on a MOUNTAIN of litter which is all tangled in the gum on her shoes. Once she gets to school all of the children help her put the litter in its right recycle bins. It was illustrated delightfully by Kirk Werner. I have written two other environmental books which are now illustrated and imletterated.

It is a riot going to schools and presenting these books and teaching children how to respect our earth. Kids LOVE them!!! You know anything is fun to learn about if it is presented in a humorous way.

I better quit blogging now and get my house clean. It's a MESS! I'm watching some of my grandkids today so I'm sure it won't stay clean for long, but heck, at least I'll know I had it clean at one point of the day!

Take care and join Doreese and I again in a couple of days. Toodles! Sherry

No comments: