Monday, October 18, 2010

Report of UEA Convention








I shared a booth at UEA with a friend as a spur of the moment thing. I only used a 4th of the booth and mostly just was hoping to get some good exposure for "See abc's." My daughter, Joni, made a nice banner for me and a great poster. I took some samplers (I still need to blog about those!). I had free book marks and some "magic fingers" that people could buy separately from the program.

The turnout was quite disappointing compared to other years, but a lot of people took a book mark and many now know what a "magic finger" is! Also, I got to let people know that there is a way to change those hard-to-learn "sight words" into easy-to-learn "phonetic words" through the new invention of "Imletteration"!

Most companies just had the little paper banner that was provided. So, the larger, bright banner I had really caught the eye of those passing by. Hopefully it is registered in their sub-conscience somewhere so if they see it again, they will know they have seen it before!

Doreese
p.s. That black necklace I'm wearing was my big find at the convention. I've been wanting a long, black one, and it was only $5! There were a lot of fun, unique and discounted things there. (I also got my husband's Christmas present!)

No comments: