Thursday, December 18, 2008

Preschoolers' Abilities Amaze Me!

Can I just tell you all how amazing it is to see kids who don't even start Kindergaten until next year reading! I had a couple of kids come to read for me who are using the See abc's program. One little girl came last week and she started the program last June. She is now all ready in the "Stories See What They Say" book. She read a couple of the "Very Short Stories" for me and even could use the expression that is written! Another little girl came this morning and she started the program the first of September with "ABC's See What They Say", then began the "ABC's See How to Chop and Blend" book on Oct. 23, and now she is all ready in "Phrases See What They Say". She read four of the phrases for me today and she is having fun trying to play with her voice and put expression in her reading. Some of the words she was able to read are, "which", "class", "teach", and "donuts"! Those words include digraphs (wh and ch), a consonant blend (cl), and short, long and silent vowels. Both of these little girls are so excited about what they can do and the things they can read. Their mothers tell me that they always beg to read and they don't want to stop! What a great way to spend time together.

1 comment:

R Cadina said...

I LOVE these books! I have to completely agree! My daughter had just barely started going to the first book. She was only 3, still 2 years before kindergarten, so we were going through the books extremely slow. But, after going through book only a few times, she could write her name SAM if I told her the picture clue: "Draw a snake, apple with an angle worm and a monkey." She did it right the first try!! I was shocked! We will have a lot of fun with this program...THANK YOU SEE ABC'S!