Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What's Inside The Gumfounded Books

Hey Everyone,

Let me begin by asking you if you know the rhyme "Jack and Jill Went Up The Hill. . ."? I'm pretty sure most of you answered yes to that question. Now let me ask you how old you were when you learned that rhyme? You probably answered three or four years old. It is amazing how that little rhyme has stuck in your head all of these years. It stuck because it rhymes and reads in rhythm. Because I teach concepts in my books that I want the reader to remember, I have written them in rhyme. Mother Goose and Dr. Suess definitely knew about the magic of rhyme back in their time.

The See ABC's program includes a set of three of the Gumfounded books. Each of these books teach about the environment. The first book is titled "Gumfounded". I explained what Gumfounded is about in my last email so I will move on to the second book.

The second book is titled "Bob Frog Sick of Smog". This book is super fun for the kids because Tia and Bob Frog try to clean up the sky by climbing a ladder and scrubbing it. Obviously this book teaches children how to keep the air clean.

The third book is titled "Is Bob Frog a Water Hog?". It teaches children how to conserve water. The illustrations are really fun and the message is a good one.

All three of the books have been imletterated to go with the program. It is a great way for the person learning to read to start getting their nose into books.

Spread the word that Tia and Bob Frog not only help teach children learn to read but they are out to save the planet!

Have a great day form the
"Thinkin' Green, Rhymin' Machine"!

Sherry

No comments: