Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Goal of 2011 for You and Me

Happy 2011! It has arrived and we should all be revved up and ready to jump in with new conviction to do those things that we want to do, or should I say should do, right? Well, we said that we would give you some good goals to get you going.

The first would be for you to make a reading progress chart for your child. If your child is in the "Imletteration" package, then there are all ready charts in those books. But, if your child is in the See abc's beginning reading part of the program, or has finished the program, you can make your own fun charts as seen in this youtube video below. (If you are using a different program, I would suggest using charts as well.)

You will see what a simple piece of paper, some cheap stickers and a small, inexpesive prize can do to motivate your child to want to reach his/her reading goals. And, you will want to help them to reach their goals in learning to read because, that is reaching one of your goals too! Now, enough talk of goals - go and watch this cute video and share it with others.

Oh, as for my goal; it was to be able to try to remember how to upload a video from my video camera, put it onto my computer and turn it into a youtube for you to see. And, with some frustration and a lot of time, I did it - all by myself! (pat, pat, pat myself on the back!) Hopefully it will be easier next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgKMEOQOfA

Doreese

No comments: