Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Second Reading Goal for 2011

Did anyone take me up on making charts for your kids?

For my second goal suggestion, I'm just going to re-emphasize the suggestion that you "read to your child/children 20 minutes a day." However, I want you to think of it as more than a suggestion; make it a priority in your life. The habit of daily reading is very important. For some, the same time of day works best, for others, it is "catch it when you can." The important thing is that you catch it!

Your children want and need YOU. Reading together; you reading to them, or them reading to you, or you teaching them how to read is a very special bonding time, and they will look forward to it. Reading to your child is above and beyond the time you spend teaching them. You may want to separate the two into different blocks of time. I'm not suggesting you set your timer, because obviously there is a big difference between the attention span of a 2-year old and a 5-year old. The point is that you DO IT! Five minutes is better than nothing, just budget that time in your schedule. It will pay off big in the long run!

The second goal for myself is to learn how to download pictures onto my computer. I don't think it's that hard, I've just been putting it off because I think I must be lazy! It just seems like a pain to go through all of those hundreds of pictures that you can take so quickly and find what you want. Hopefully it's not as bad as I've made up in my mind that it is! And now, to find a patient teacher!

Doreese

No comments: