Wednesday, March 9, 2011

See abc's® Blending Causes Deep Thinking!

You can't pull one over on a barely four-year old.

I was making a video of a little girl who just turned four nine days prior. I wanted to show everyone how to work with your kids in the beginning stages of blending individual sounds into words. I like to give hints of what the words are so that the kids will be excited to read it and find out what I'm talking about. So, on our final word, I told little Elise, "This is something that makes us nice and clean." She then proceeded to read the word, "tub". Then she just sat there for a minute in deep thought and said, "Not nice, just clean!"

Her mom and I got a good laugh out of that one! Her mom said, "It would be nice if we could just throw everyone in the tub to make them nice." You never know the fun you are in for when you sit down to teach your child!

Doreese

2 comments:

youtube contributor said...

Hello Doreese and Sherry, do you have a reading program product you are selling? I just found your site. I myself have founded a children’s literacy organization that has produced an online reading program which is available to the public with no need to register, log-in or pay. We have over 30 books and it’s growing.

Maybe you could take a look at our site which is www.StoryTimeForMe.com. If you like what you see, perhaps you could make a post about it to your readers.

Please do let me know what you think. I also want to know more about what you have, maybe I can return the favor.

Andrew Gitt
Andrew at storytimeforme.com

Doreese Severe and Sherry Garr said...

Hi Andrew,

I just saw your comment. We do have reading products we are selling. We are in the business of teaching parents how to teach their children how to read. Our program includes 10 great books, music, flash cards, instructional DVD's, and a "magic finger" for children to learn how to write their letters and numbers by "drawing" instead of making random lines and circles.

You can learn all about us on our website at www.seeabcs.com Check out the videos there and the youtubes of us using it with children - link is on our homepage.

I will definitely check out what you have in the next day or two and get back with you.

Doreese