Saturday, May 14, 2011

#2 Myth About Teaching Pre-schoolers When to Read

The second myth that parents have about teaching their pre-schoolers when to read is that they believe their child with tell THEM when they are ready! I will tell you right now, do NOT wait for this to happen. Your child does NOT know that they are ready. Unless they have older siblings who are reading, they may tell you they want to learn how to read to. But, still quite unlikely.

YOU have to be the one to start them. I have three neighbors now who have children that will not go to school this coming fall - 2011, but will be going in 2012 and their children are reading in the blending book now and loving it! My own 3-year old grandson should be starting this week, if we get with it! Two-year olds are great at learning the alphabet.

The main thing I'm seeing is that children are MUCH more willing and excited about learning to read when they are young (before school and home with mom or dad), and as I said in Myth #1, they absolutely can with the See abc's reading program. I could not tell you that as confidently with any other program, but I've seen it time and time again with this program.

So, if you have children ages 2 or older, think seriously about getting them started because it so much fun for you as a parent!

Doreese

No comments: