Friday, May 4, 2012

Big Accomplishment for 4 Great Kids!!!




I want to give a BIG SHOUT OUT to my four little Kindergarten students that I've been volunteer tutoring with. They've just completed the ABC's See How to Chop and Blend book where they've learned many skills and have read 100's of words!  They're very excited for the next book, Phrases See What They Say.

I felt very rewarded when their teacher expressed her thanks to me and said that some of my kids were reading better than others in her class now.

I highly recommend volunteering to read with kids at school.  So  many of them really need one on one, or two on one help.  The monatary rewards are not there, but there are rewards worth far more than money!  


A few months ago, the Kindergarten teacher said that for sure they were going to have a hold one of my little students back a year, but now she's doing great!  Her teacher even said her whole personality has changed.  She's more confident and happy.  Being able to  read well makes all the difference in school!  And, it feels great knowing that I've saved a child an entire year of her life!!!  You can do that too!


Doreese

No comments: