Friday, August 10, 2012

Need to Brush Up Your Child's Handwriting???

Oh my stars!  That's my new catch phrase and go to phrase for enthusiasm!

So, Oh my stars!  I can't believe I've gone over a month without a post!  Is summer slipping from you as fast as it has for me?  School draws near, very near!  One skill that little ones need to really work on is their handwriting skills.  I have posted a couple of cute, little videos of little ones using the "ABC's and 123's See How to Trace" book, and their "magic finger."  See how much fun you can have while working on handwriting.

But, there are several other skills they are learning at the same time without knowing it.  With my program, they are actually drawing the letters instead of writing them!  So, they learn how to draw.  They learn the picture clues that will help them learn to read.  And, they are developing their fine motor skills through a tactile experience that enables them to easily "draw" the letters just getting the feel of it into their little hands and fingers before having to use a pencil.

Also, they are taught how to easily connect the two cases together; which upper case shape belongs to which lower case shape, through short and simple stories.  Enjoy watching these cute kids!

Handwriting video of 2-year old boy

Handwriting video of 3-year old girl

I have posted these videos before, but a long time ago.  Even if you have seen them, it will get you excited to work on it again.

Doreese

No comments: